Associate in Arts in General Studies
Student Learning Outcomes:
Graduates should be able to
• demonstrate basic knowledge of literature, history, and human and social behavior.
• evaluate ideas from multiple perspectives, in the context of culture, history, and discipline.
• communicate ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
• access and evaluate information from diverse disciplines to support logical and effectively reasoned conclusions.
• demonstrate awareness of fundamental ethical and social issues that are part of the human condition.
Recommended Course Sequencing
- CSxxx Computer Science Elective
- EN105 Advanced English Composition
- EN206 Introduction to Literature
- HU103 World Civilization (Modern)
- MH103 Integrated Algebra (4 credits)
- HU/PS/SS Humanities or Psychology or Social Science Electives (2)
- Arts & Science Elective
- Electives (2)
- EN2xx 200-level (or higher) Literature Elective
- HU1xx Humanities Requirement:
- HU 135 World Religions or
- HU 152 Introduction to Philosophy
- HU/PS/SS 200-level (or higher) Humanities or Psychology or Social Science Elective
- 200-level (or higher) Arts & Science Electives (3)
- Electives (4)
TOTAL CREDITS REQUIRED FOR GRADUATION: 61
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 2, 2016