The Associate Degree of Hospitality Management was developed as a qualification that equips students with the underpinning technical and theoretical knowledge for a career in the hospitality industry up to industry standards. Graduates will have a sound knowledge of hospitality operations up to a five stars rating standard. Additional business units expand the range of employment opportunities in the field of hospitality management.
With the acquisition of specialist knowledge in room’s division management, food and beverage management, human resource management, quality service management and facility management, graduates will be able to undertake paraprofessional employment in the hospitality industry. The underpinning technical and theoretical knowledge can also act as possible pathways for additional learning in management careers in the hotel and restaurant industry or further studies at higher education institutions. Graduates will with additional experience be able to explore new fields in events management and entrepreneurship due to the knowledge and skills acquired in the Hospitality Associate Degree.
The pathways into the Associate Degree qualifications provided in this course guide are based on students following the pathway as listed under that qualification for Polytechnic West only. Students entering the Associate Degree qualifications from alternative qualifications delivered at other institutions may not receive the same credits as students who have followed the listed pathway and should discuss this with ETI before enrolling.
The following units must be completed.
- Introductory Studies in Hospitality & Tourism
- Human Behaviour in the Hospitality Industry
- Rooms Division Management
- Legal Environment
- Hotel & Restaurant Information Systems
- Introduction to Management
- Introduction to Accounting
- Food and Beverage Management
- Principles of Commercial Law
- Consumer Behaviour & Services Marketing
- Managing Physical Assets
- Organisational Theory & Behaviour
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Events Management
- Principles of Finance and Banking
- Human Resource and Organisational Development
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 14, 2015