Associate Degree in Culinary Arts for Advanced Career Experience Students
Do you have meaningful foodservice experience? And do you want to advance your culinary career? You may have valuable work experience already. But to succeed in today's rapidly changing foodservice industry, you need the "complete package"—proven knowledge, skills, experience, and the right degree credential. And there’s no degree like a CIA degree.
If you have 2.5 or more years of post-high school, full-time back-of-the-house foodservice experience, you may qualify for the CIA’s Associate in Occupational Studies (AOS) in Culinary Arts degree program created specifically for students with advanced career experience.
In the associate degree program in culinary arts for ACE students in New York, you will:
- Begin your studies at the CIA with knowledge-equivalency credits which exempt you from the CIA's externship requirement so you can graduate in just 15 months.
- Enroll on any of the college’s entry dates running from December through June with many entry dates to choose from.
- Receive the ACE Quarter-Tuition Grant for each year, if you are a U.S. citizen.
- Complete the same gold-standard course of studies on campus as non-ACE students.
- Finish your associate degree with both back-of-the-house and front-of-the-house experience in our award-winning, on-campus CIA restaurants.
Be an experienced professional, with 2.5 or more years of post-high school, full-time back-of-the-house foodservice experience in establishments that work with fresh, whole-food products and a varied menu.