Enhance your skills further and create jewellery that meets industry standards. Melbourne Polytechnic’s Advanced Diploma of Jewellery and Object Design focuses on hand-working skills and introduces technological skills to promote individual attainment.
Learn in our professional jewellery school
If you want to pursue or enhance a career in jewellery, this Advanced Diploma is for you. Focusing predominantly on your hand-working skill base, you will learn technological aspects of making jewellery and gain industry knowledge and experience.
Hand-skilling competencies include:
- creation of jewellery items using historical techniques
- development of a series of works for jewellery production
- implementation of mechanisms in jewellery production
- creation of work for a graduate jewellery project
Competencies within the theory, design and drawing component include:
- professional jewellery design folio
- managing a small jewellery business
- planning and supervising a jewellery exhibition
Industry connections and resources
You will learn in Melbourne Polytechnic’s Jewellery Centre, a professional jewellery school. Your teachers are skilled and passionate about their craft, recognised as industry experts and ready to pass on their knowledge.
The course culminates in a two-week public exhibition that provides the opportunity to showcase your work.
Sarah Heyward is one of our successful graduates. Read about Sarah Heyward.
You will be assessed through various forms of assessment including practical exercises, written exercises, studio journal.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 8, 2016