Advanced Diploma of Accounting
This course is for people who want to work in accounting and are seeking professional identification.
You will learn about financial management, auditing, management accounting, taxation, commercial and company law, as well as how to produce and analyse reports and financial statements, and design and implement accounting systems.
A tax agent service is any service that relates to ascertaining or advising about the liabilities, obligations or entitlements of an entity under a taxation law, or representing an entity in their dealings with the Commissioner of Taxation.
- Prerequisite: Diploma of Accounting
- The Diploma of Accounting is a prerequisite for entry to the Advanced Diploma of Accounting, and therefore, students must successfully pass all modules/units in the Diploma of Accounting, before progressing onto the Advanced Diploma
- Academic IELTS 5.5orTOEFL (iBT) 46orCertificate 3 in Advanced English for Further Studyat TAFE NSW or equivalent
The primary pathway from this qualification is employment in accounting job roles with duties such as: introducing and maintaining accounting systems, maintaining internal control systems, preparing financial statements for a non-reporting entity, preparing tax returns, reporting on business performance, managing small teams, developing business plans, and preparing accounting reports for management.
Note:Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP)has selected 3 authorities to complete qualifications assessments for the ANZSCO code occupations of Accountant (General), External Auditor, Management Accountant, Taxation Accountant, Finance Manager and Corporate Treasurer. These authorities are:
- Certified Practicing Accountants of Australia (CPA Australia)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (ICAA)
- Institute of Public Accountants (IPA)
To meet the minimum educational standards for any of the above ANZSCO code occupations you must have your educational qualification assessed as comparable to an Australian Bachelor degree. For full details check the above websites.
TAFE NSW can offer international students aDiploma-to-Degree university pathway in Accountingso you can graduate with an Australian Bachelor degree.
When you finish this course you can apply to study Accounting, Business or Commerce courses at university. You may be able to receive exemptions from some subjects based on your Advanced Diploma.
Course Code: 11379
CRICOS Code: 073235K
Last updated April 8, 2016