Advanced Diploma in Quantity Surveying
Two Years Course
Distance Learning Programme (Online with attendance)
Total Course Fee £ 1340
You can learn whilst you are working
The Advanced Diploma in Quantity Surveying will give you an excellent and effective start to your career as a professional Quantity Surveyor and also lead to higher education. If you have followed a GCE A-level (or equivalent), or certificate course in Quantity Surveying/Civil Engineering/Economics, it can lead to a fantastic professional career for men and women in the construction and development world.
The course is designed to help you become a highly skilled professional. The course content provides you with a thorough knowledge, and the essential skills and talents to work as a successful Quantity Surveying professional who will play a key role in multi-million dollar projects.
This course provides a clear understanding of the fundamental knowledge needed in each subject to become an excellent Quantity Surveying professional as well as enabling you to pass a degree with honours or distinction in any university in the United Kingdom or overseas.
Therefore this diploma course is the right choice if you wish to work as a Quantity Surveying Professional or if you want to go to university to follow a BSc course.
- Skills shortages in the industry
- Easy to find employment
- Possible step to successfully follow degree program
- Works in the air-con office
- This course will fit in with employers’ needs
- Capable to work or continue to further study
- Your knowledge will maximize your employer’s chance of increasing profitability
- You will gain a wide range of knowledge in Quantity Surveying to improve your chances of success
- You can learn whilst you are working
- A tailored, distance-learning course structure
- It will enable you to perform very well in multi-million dollar values construction projects
- No spending time attending regular lectures
- Pass in GCE A-level or equivalent, and
- Credit pass in Mathematics, or
- Pass in Certificate course in Quantity Surveying/ Civil Engineering/ Construction Economics, and
- English language proficiency
The course is made up of five semesters including industrial training. Each semester includes a wide range of subjects, question tutorials, exercises and various assignments to evaluate the performance of students. The subjects of each semester are:
- Fundamental of Engineering Drawings
- Construction and Civil Engineering Technology I
- Construction Scope of Works
- Construction Materials
- Construction and Civil Engineering Technology II
- Method of Measurements & Quantity Take-off
- Tendering and Procurement Process
- Estimating and Computer Applications
- Construction Contract Law
- Pre Contract Administration
- Construction Project Scheduling-I
- Cost Planning and Control
- Post Contract Administration
- Construction Project Scheduling-II
- Value Engineering
- Construction Claims and Dispute Resolution
- Industrial Training
- Report Writing and Presenting Skills
- Course material will be delivered by online
- Tutorials, exercises and assignments will be directly submitted to the relevant department & assessed by tutors and lecturers
- Access to tutors & lecturers for assistance and guidance
- Free student membership of the accredited institutions
- Online communication for any assistance
- Course Coordinators will be contactable 365 days of the year
- Course Coordinator/tutors will be available to help you with additional information about course materials, your queries related to submissions and technical difficulties.
- You can interact with your fellow course students to discuss the course in accordance with the policy of the college.
- You will be asked to provide confirmation of receipt of course materials.
- You will be contacted by our Course Coordinator to explain any revision or resubmission of your assessments.
The tutorials, exercises and assignments are directly related to your course contents and learning outcomes. The submission of assignments, exercises and tutorials will help you to learn and pass the subjects with a merit or distinction grade.
Period of Study
The course follows a two-year programme. The following course schedule includes learning, submitting tutorials, exercises and assignments.
- Semester 1 – 15 weeks
- Semester 2 – 15 weeks
- Semester 3 – 15 weeks
- Semester 4 – 15 weeks
- Semester 5 – 15 weeks
There will be number of revisions or re-submissions of any unsatisfactory works allowed within the deadline set, which should be allocated at the end of the semesters.
The College provides 80 hours of lectures, 80 hours of tutorial lessons, and 100 hours of group discussions, discussions with lecturers, tutors and course coordinators, group study and digital presentations will be held in each semester. In addition, each student is required to carry out 300 hours of independent study and research on the subject in each semester.
Total course fee £1340
Supplemental fees for English Language Course will apply if you have chosen the Intensive English Program.
If you need to discuss course contents or payment methods or you need financial assistance, please contact the college or our international centers/career advisers directly. The start date of your course is dependent on the enrollment date of your course. The enrollment date is effective from the date of your full payment, or partial payment if agreed by the Director.