Advanced diploma Fashion Design & Merchandising
Our Advanced Diploma in Fashion Design & Merchandising programme cultivates our students’ innate creativity through sharpening their design knowledge, drawing proficiency and technical know-how. In preparing our students for their foray into the world of fashion, they will be taught to research, experiment, discover and innovate through a series of diverse subjects, such as sewing, pattern-making, draping and retail merchandising.
A key feature of this programme is its focus on imparting the expertise required for our students to excel in the commercial aspects of fashion design, through the study of buyers’ behaviour and operational issues within the context of a dynamic retail environment. Students will also gain a first-hand experience in the retail and fashion trade through professional practice.
Applying Skills As A Fashion Designer
I am the next big thing in the fashion industry.
I want my designs to change the way the world looks at fashion.
Through the FMDS Fashion Design programme, you will be able to develop a comprehensive knowledge of international fashion design industries and a keen understanding of the technicalities andintricacies of garment construction. You will also be exposed to a broad range of market trends, which will in turn facilitate you in honing your individual creations.
Through FMDS, you gain:
- Practical Design Skills
- Creative Conceptualisation Techniques
- Strategic Studio Management Skills
- Business Management Skills
- Leadership Development Skills
- Commercial Skills
- Research, Presentation and Writing Skills
Local / Singapore PR Student
- Minimum 2 ‘O’ Level credits with a pass in English, or;
- Minimum 3 ‘N’ Level credits with a pass in English.
- Minimum age of 16 years old.
- Applicants must have completed Grade 12, high school
Minimum age of 16 years old.
- All applicants will be subjected to a short test followed by an interview session by FMDS academic heads prior to official acceptance into the programme.
- All programmes in First Media Design School are conducted in English. Applicants therefore have to demonstrate a good command of English before being accepted into the programmes.
- Minimum IELTS (Academic) overall band 6.5 with no
individual band below 6.0 or TOEFL (Paper-based) minimum 580 to proceed to degree studies.