(Certificate IV – Advanced Diploma)
Streamlined Visa Processing (SVP) Approved
Diploma to Degree (D2D)
Hunter TAFE is offering a unique English and Hospitality pathway package. You can choose to do the courses individually or combined them for a ‘package’ which saves you money and guarantees you a placement.
- 24 month study program.
- English and Diploma.
- Access to award winning Newcastle English Language Centre on campus.
- You can work while you study.
- Access to our discounted student accommodation.
- Internship program available.
- Welcome pack includes movie tickets, ten pin bowling pass, student association membership and more!
- Free airport pick up (From Newcastle regional airport).
English classes (If required) - AUD$5000:00 (6 months).
Certificate IV to Advanced Diploma Hospitality package (24 months) AUD$32,000.00 a saving of AUD$1,600.00
Semester 1 - English classes (If required)
Hunter TAFE is home to the award-winning Newcastle English Language Centre. This Centre operates 51 weeks of the year with a full range of study options available to all students, even those on visas other than student visas.
This program will run for 20 weeks for a discounted price AUD$5,000 (AUD$250/week).
The program includes:
- English for Exam Preparation.
- Cambridge First Certificate (FCE).
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE).
- IELTS Preparation.
- General English Beginners to Advanced.
- English for Academic Purposes.
Entry level for this product is a minimum IELTS 4.5 OR Equivalent.
Please note: Our English Language Centre can assess English proficiency prior to enrolment.
Semester 2 and 3 - Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
Be trained as a qualified chef, there is a great hospitality career waiting for you. Learn the skills to manage a dynamic and innovative kitchen environment and build on your culinary expertise.
Individual course cost: AUD$17,500:00.
12 Month program.
Entry level for the Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery is a minimum Academic IELTS 5.5 or equivalent.
Semester 4 and 5 – Advanced Diploma Hospitality
This course will teach you the skills required to succeed in the Hotel Management industry and will combine practical experience with business and management knowledge. You will learn the theoretical side of the hotel industry and study areas that provide you with a wide scope of understanding of the business. Given the far-reaching relevance of customer-focused business skills, this course offers you a scope for career progression that goes well beyond the hospitality industry.
12 Month program.
Individual course cost: AUD$16,100:00.
Entry for the Advanced Diploma in Hospitality is Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery.
Working in the Hunter region:
9/10 of our Hospitality students are working part time in the Hospitality Industry while they are studying.
Whether working to gain postgraduate experience, or need a casual job to help support living expenses, there are plenty of ways to find work that suits every situation.
Our Diploma-to-Degree (D2D) University pathway programs offer you a smarter way to get an Australian bachelor degree.
Strong university relationships
Our strong relationships with five of Australia’s top universities – University of Newcastle (UoN), Australian Catholic University (ACU), Southern Cross University (SCU), Charles Sturt University (CSU) and the University of Western Sydney (UWS) – ensure guaranteed acceptance of your academic credits and a smooth transition into university.
Why do a D2D?
Build your pathway to University at Hunter TAFE and earn up to 120 credit points towards your Degree!
At Hunter TAFE we offer TAFE NSW qualifications that are highly regarded locally, nationally and internationally. The credibility in a Hunter TAFE qualification can open the door to many employment and study options.
After you complete your studies with Hunter TAFE you may be eligible for further study at a university throughout Australia.
- Save money — our semester tuition fees are cheaper
- Smoother entry — Hunter TAFE Academic and English language entry requirements are more relaxed
- Graduate with two qualifications — an internationally-recognised Hunter TAFE diploma or advanced diploma and a bachelor degree.
- Provides practical, career-focused skills to go with your degree.
- Allows you to apply for Streamlined Visa Processing (SVP)
- May allow you to apply for a Temporary Graduate visa – Post Study Work Stream.
Our D2D programs
Some of our most popular D2D pathways are in accounting, business community welfare, children services, hospitality, information technology and tourism. You can decide on your university and degree while you are studying with us or apply before you come to Australia by packaging your course.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 1, 2015