Learn how to tackle intricate valuation and corporate financing decisions effectively
Advanced Corporate Finance will take you into the realm of complex financial decision-making. You will be confronted with a series of real business case studies drawn from various industries and countries which feature an array of financial decisions.
The aim is to identify which of the standard tools are suitable in each business situation, which are not, and which need to be adapted in order to accommodate the complexities of real business.
This being an advanced course, knowledge of standard valuation and financing tools, as covered in the Corporate Finance Modular Programme, is assumed.
Key topics covered during Advanced Corporate Finance include:
• financial policy in practice
• capital structure decisions
• valuation in emerging markets
• practical issues in estimating cost of capital.
The business problems you will encounter in this advanced corporate finance programme are likely to raise a wide range of issues, many of which will involve advanced valuation techniques (e.g. discounted cash flow methods, relative valuation, decision trees, and simulations) applied to complex financial policy and valuation issues (e.g. optimal capital structure, project finance, share repurchase and dividend policy, IPOs, investments in emerging markets, valuation impacts of corporate governance, etc.).
At the end of Advanced Corporate Finance. you will be able to:
- use valuation tools adapted to specific industries and transactions
- adjust cost of capital and expected cash flows to value cross-border investments
- adapt a company's capital structure to specific circumstances and corporate strategies
- assess a business' investment and financial policies in an integrated framework .
You will also:
- make quicker and better decisions and have a real impact on your organisation
- gain a truly international perspective on issues, thanks to the diversity of our students
- create ties as programme participants and guest speakers are all active in the industry today and will remain great contacts.
Advanced Corporate Finance is particularly suitable if you have had some formal corporate finance training and are seeking to apply your knowledge to current business situations.
It is usually taken by individuals with extensive experience of working in a financial institution, investment bank or in the finance, planning or treasury area of organisations. General managers and financial managers of corporations in all industry sectors have found it beneficial.
The programme is also popular with consultants, lawyers and other advisers of corporations or investment banks. It is the next logical step if you have completed the Corporate Finance Programme.