The Accounting and Payroll Administrator Diploma Program equips students with the tools necessary to meet the demands of the current job market. Students in our program gain a competitive edge by fulfilling all of the core and elective course credit requirements for the Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) Certified Payroll Management Program (CPMP) at the level of
Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP). Students in this program develop their skills in accounting to a higher degree, going beyond introductory principles and practicing their skills in accounting software applications.
The aim of this program is to provide students with a combination of computer and office administration skills and a practical foundation in accounting, computerized accounting systems and payroll. Students are prepared to enter the employment market upon graduation after a five-week practicum
that gives them on-the-job experience. The graduate should be able to: meet the compliance requirements for the payroll practice through an annual payroll cycle; effectively communicate payroll issues to all stakeholders; and understand the accounting function as it relates to the payroll practice.
· Accounting Clerk
· Accounts Payable Clerk
· Accounts Receivable Clerk
· Audit Clerk
· Tax Return Preparer
· Benefits Officer
· Pay and Benefits Clerk
· Pay Clerk
· Payroll Officer
· Bank Clerk
· Bank Teller
Students must meet ONE of the following criteria:
· Alberta high school diploma, verified by transcript, with 50% or better in Grade 12 English and 70% or better in Grade 10 Mathematics, or non-Alberta equivalent;
· Successful completion of the General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.) with a standard score of 450 or better in English and Mathematics.
Alberta Mature Admission
Students must meet ALL of the following criteria:
· Out of school for two years;
· Be at least eighteen years of age prior to admission;
· Applicants must successfully pass the Reeves College Admissions Test with a minimum score of 7/13 on the quantitative analysis portion;
· Thirty-three credits towards an Alberta high school diploma verified by transcript, with 50% or better in Grade 10 English and 70% or better in Grade 10 Mathematics, or non-Alberta equivalent.
Saskatchewan Mature Admission
· Students must have at least 8 credits towards a high school diploma with a 50% or better in Grade 10 Math and Grade 10 English.
Certification Received - Accounting and Payroll Administrator Diploma. Graduates from this program are also eligible to
access the CPA-Payroll Compliance Practitioner Program (PCP)
This school offers programs in: