As the birthplace of cinema, France is the perfect choice when deciding where to study acting.
The Cours Florent ‘Acting in English’ curriculum gives international students the chance to enroll in drama classes at this world-renowned French theater and film school.
They will not only have the chance to refine their dramatic acting skills but also to experience full immersion in the cultural and artistic life of France.
Courses focus on the development of acting tools by applying the methods of international writers. The entire acting program is taught in English and includes Intensive French (4 hours a week of French classes) with the Alliance Française.
CURRICULUM AT A GLANCE
Drama Courses - 15 hours per week
- Students take specific courses geared towards theatrical expression and camera performance techniques
- Developing Acting Tools: voice, body, language
- An emphasis on acting/reacting, using Meisner and Stanislavski methods
- Development of the acting voice through exercises and acting breathing
- Development of the acting body
- Preparation for international auditions
- Artistic work is matched with technical work on physicality, endurance and vocal capacities
- Students meet numerous figures from the performing arts and film industries as well as go on organized cultural outings.
Discovering French Artistic Life - 6 hours per week
- In order to experience cultural life in Paris and the French art de vivre, students are able to participate in tours, conferences and workshops.
- They also take a French language course to acquire basic French conversation skills.
Social activities (included in the price) :
- 1 theater/month
- 1 museum/month
- Discover the famous Cannes Film Festival.
Intensive French at Alliance Française - 4 hours per week
- High school diploma completed
- Some experience in acting
- Excellent level of English (approx. IELTS 5.5)
STEP 1. How to apply :
- Download the application form
- Type in the blanks in the application form with your information (hand written applications will not be accepted)
STEP 2. Admission requirements : Prepare a file with the following documents
- Application form
- Copy of passport
- 1 original identity photo
- Short resume in English & Motivation letter
- 2 letters of recommendation with contact reference phone & email
- Copy of highest degree completed with official transcripts of the past two years
- Copy of high school diploma or equivalent
- English proficiency for non-native English speakers (TOEFL, TOEIC and IELTS are accepted)
- Proof of 90 euro application fee payment
- International health insurance certificate compulsory upon arrival
STEP 3. Sending the file:
Scan all the documents and send them via mail.
STEP 4. Confirmation:
- Candidates are required to pass a Skype audition. Interviews are conducted in English by telephone or Skype.
- Candidates will receive the Admission board’s decision by post and by email. Upon admission, each candidate receives an acceptance letter.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 28, 2015